The focus of GGA West Africa covers five thematic areas: Property rights, education attainment and industry, taxation, business enablement, effective trading, land administration and governance.
It is expected that by the end of the initial three-year period of the operations of GGA in Ghana and the Anglophone West Africa region:
- Citizens are made aware of the issues concerning governance in their various countries
- Citizens are made aware of their rights to the security of their private properties and are prepared to protect them according to the rule of law
- Issues regarding land administration are made more transparent and citizens as well as potential investors are more confident to venture into private enterprises without frustration
- Credible alternative evidence are made available to law makers as inputs in education policy
- Credible alternative evidence are made available to decision-makers as our contribution to achieving a better business climate in the various countries;
- GGA West Africa Centre serves as an important resource centre for information on our project areas.
Tina Serwaa Asante-Apeatu Executive Director